miércoles, 19 de febrero de 2014

Thesor

I need to let my idea become bigger than my personal short comings. The process has to be unaltered by my tainted filter. If I need to interview 100 people on the street for my project, I need to become the person that does that. If I need to chain myself to a street sign in downtown I have to let the project live through me and comply. I am not my project. I am a unique idea, my project is a unique idea, but the physical filter of myself must make way for the project to exist. So what becomes of me? I don't know. You could say I become my project. But maybe I will be just floating through others' thoughts and ideas until my physical self is ready to pick me up again. Only problem is, that idea I let go is unique in time and space, so the return of me will inevitably be new. Anywho, what I'm trying to say is my physical self has to envelope the meta of my project idea while either shedding my former self, or perfectly aligning my meta to the idea. 

I want revolution. Not for the sake of revolution but because we all live in a new unique time. Our design ideals cannot dwell on past traditions or knowledge, that stifles the truth. The truth is that we are always confused, scared and surprised, but we run to these traditions, this art, to make us feel comfortable. 

I watched a video about an architect out of NYC and he said something that really hit me. He said something to the effect that what holds us back from embracing others and embracing new paradigms is that we always have this idea of home that we want to run back to. This stifles us from realizing we are all one existence, we can't hoard our existence in our 'homes' and expect the universe to be kind. 


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario